Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Miss Namibia

One of my pet peeves is receiving text messages of the following sort:

Dito na me.
Kain na me.
Alis na me.
Tulog na me.


It’s Taglish, infuriating, and downright lazy. And it’s just sooo baduuuuy (hmmm, that was Taglish). I’m sorry, but I insist on texting in complete sentences and with the proper spelling. Well, most of the time.

I feel like shipping off the people who use the “na me” phrase to Namibia in South Africa. Let them speak to the Namibian President, Hifikepunye Pohamba, and see if they dare use the “na me” phrase.

Then again, can anyone pronounce “Hifikepunye”? How about “Hifikepunye na me”? Hahahahaha!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha!

amfutah! we have the same pet peeve!

it makes one educated person i know well seem downright "unschooled" like my dear brother.

7:19 PM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

Hmmm... now who could this anonymous person be? :-)

8:34 PM  
Blogger iamwasted said...

Same pet peeve me.

10:12 PM  
Blogger iamwasted said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous will always be anonymous. hehehe

keep writing, and ill keep browsing your blog

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so hate receiving similar messages. I find it very annoying. Why can't they just write it in plain English or Filipino?

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a blog entry waiting in the wings about this, inspired by my punctuation rant. Abangan!

I don't think it's laziness, although that could have been the start. I think it's the same drive to be different and yet belong, the universal motivation behind tribal slang (including vaklush-speak).

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home