Sunday, May 29, 2005

I’m A Model (You Know What I Mean?)

Saturday, 10am: I received a text message from my photographer friend, Dave Fabros.

Dave: Are you up?

McVie: Yup, I’m up, what’s up?

A few seconds later my phone rang.

Dave: “You know, of course, that we have a photo shoot party today, right?”

My mind froze. Oh holy shit. Sacred feces! He told me about this earlier this month.

McVie: “I’m really sorry, Dave, I forgot! You know how it is with my work here, it can get hectic so I forget things.” Besides he never really followed it up with any reminder or confirmation, so it’s understandable why I have forgotten all about it.

“That’s okay, don’t sweat it,” Dave said. “Just try to make it at 1:30pm, same place as before. If you can’t bring some of your friends over, it’s alright. I’ll see you later.”

Dave holds these photo shoot “parties” as an ingenious way to hone his craft and network, both professionally and personally. Meanwhile, gays, faggots, homosexuals, bisexuals, bi-curious ones, and straight-guys-who-are-in-a-committed-relationship-with-another-guy(!)* who’ve always wanted professional-looking photos in their accounts in Friendster, Downelink, Connexion, Tickle, and their ilk can now have them without paying an arm and a leg.

*(Pramis, true itetch! I saw this guy’s Connexion account, he says he’s straight but in the same breath he says that he’s in a committed relationship—with another guy! You can even click on his boyfriend’s picture and check out his account.)

So that’s how I ended up helping out in Dave’s photo shoot and how, after everyone else’s photos were taken, Dave had me pose for some shots. Since I never really thought I’d be facing the camera that afternoon I didn’t bring a change of clothes. Thus the lukot-lukot shirt look.

I’ve seen your picture
Your name in lights above it
This is your big debut
It’s like a dream come true
And when you smile for the camera
I know they’ll love it

— Steele Dan, “Peg”

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Photos by David Fabros. For more info, visit his website here. For more of my vanity fair, visit The McView Point.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Galing ng kuha ah! pero.... ba't may damit? Hihihihihihi :p

8:16 PM  
Blogger . said...

agree!!!

3:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice pics!

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice shots!!! pangartista!!! charing!!! :D black version ni derek ramsy!!! :D
i have comments in your phlog site. check it nalang k. :)
magkano naman ang pa photo ng ganito?

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oo naman pwede kanang maging model!!! everybody could be a model as long they're happy on it!!! :)
nice photos :)

9:04 AM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

PHILLIP, IMOGEN: Hehehe kayo jan! Actually pinagisip-isipan ko na rin yan (nagpapakatotoo lang po!) at hindi puwede dahil sa aking beel-beel. Besides, there was this other guy during the shoot na, with the shirt on, mukhang wala lang yung katawan. Pero nung nagtanggal ng shirt, POOTAHNG INA, SHET! In f**king fairnezz, ang pecs ang sarap lamutaking at ang abs, ang sarap kiskisin ang dila evuuur! Kaya after he took his shirt off, wala na sa amin umattempt na magjubad.

JUN: For the "party" the participants paid Php500 for the photo shoot. I'm not so sure how many outfit changes--at least two outfit changes, that much I'm sure. In fairnezz, murah na evuuur.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, more McVie fodder for the fans. :-)

Speaking of fans, Season 3 is linked here:
http://www.quezon.ph/blog/

Ain't that cool?

:-)

1:16 PM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

Leigh: My GOSH, a guy with a most presidential name and a high-caliber writer watches this show? I'm suddenly weak in the knees and fingers. ;-)

2:26 PM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

Leigh: By the way, ma-impress ka naman, Steele Dan ang musical reference ko! Hahaha.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Nelson said...

hmmm nawala yung comment ko a!

i love the lighting. the so-called "rembrant" light is always a classic, and ultimately more pleasing than the hotspot commercial photography you see nowadays. ;-)

pero chong, pare, dude! dig ko aura mo sa bago mong pics a! astig! :D

4:34 PM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

Nelz: Thank you, although frankly mas bagay sa akin ang "Picasso" look, etchos. Say mo sa Rembrant lighting on a semi-Mondrian layout, eh?

Dude, pare, 'tol, I just got bored with the clean-cut look. Dude, pare, mate, I'll shave when I get bored with the current look. ;-)

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow. matagal ko nang binibisita yung website ni mlqIII, pero di ko napansin na naka-link ka na pala dun.

baka dapat sumali ka na sa contest nina maris at evert sa kung sino ang unang magiging sikat! (are you willing to join bikini bodies next year? hehehe)

xanderKhan!

6:21 PM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

Ikaw naman, XanderKhan, hindi naman yata ka-level ang isang MLQIII at ang mga Bikini Bodies.

In other words, wag mo akong i-level kina Maris at Evert, MWHAHAHAHA!

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well 500 not bad. thanks for the info.
galing ng pose mo dyan!!! winner talaga. model modelang ang show!!! hehehe :)
keep posting, looking forward to it. thanks.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

meron na naman akong comments sa phlog mo check mo nalang.

dated april 18 meron din doon at sa page two meron rin. check mo rin k. thanks.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home