Thursday, May 26, 2005

;-)

Thanks to Leigh’s wonderful blog entry on punctuations entitled “Lying in A Comma,” I’ve decided to come out and admit to myself and to the world what I’ve always suspected.

I have semicolonial mentality.

I love using semicolons. I love being tentative. Let me get back to you on that one. Wait, let me think. Hold on, I’m not sure I’m done here. Hold on, I’m not sure, period. Yes, I don’t want to get pinned down. I always want an escape hatch. In sentences the semicolon leads to my escape clause.

I don’t wield it properly or elegantly but with impunity, like our Spanish and American colonists. But since I’m indio, call me a semicolonist. Que barbaridad!

(P.S. – No semicolon was harmed or abused in the making of this episode, except in the title.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey macvie!
should i say you're also a .."semencolonist" :-)

peace,
rielle

9:47 AM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

Shet ka Rielle, naunahan mo ako doon, ha! Pakshet. :-)

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home