Monday, August 01, 2005

The Mane Event

I like how Ipe does my hair. He’s recently finished a hairstyling course and I’m a very willing guinea pig for him to practice what he just learned. Thanks to Ipe I’ve decided to not go back to my semikal look. You see, I’m still blessed with hair while most of my contemporaries—and even some of my younger friends—are slowly losing theirs. So why not fully enjoy my hair while I still have it? Besides I’m still discovering what can be done with my hair.

You see, I never really appreciated the kind of hair I have, which is somewhere between curly and kinky. Growing up I wished I had straight hair. It took me forever to comb or brush my hair; each strand had to be “in its proper place” and I hated it when people messed up my hair. But now I don’t mind messing it up. Of course, I still can’t completely shake off my tendency to exert control over each and every strand of hair, so I tend to take long in putting each strand into their “messy” place.

Of course I have to travel all the way to Laguna to have my hair done, but the relaxing weekend road trip is part of the fun and allure.

Thanks, Ipe!

6 Comments:

Blogger Audio Buko said...

Ganda! Too bad I couldn't drop by Ipe last Sunday, had to wait for Alf and came by rather late.

Still nice hair!

3:45 PM  
Blogger PINKisthenewBLACK said...

nice!

my apologies, my sked was messed up last weekend. my upcoming two weekends will be messed up too. i'll tell it all in my blog.

surprised to see u in big brother ad!

11:06 AM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

JAMES: Oh so you already saw the Big Brother plug with me in it. Kainis nga it was shot before I had my haircut, hehehe.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Nelson said...

lalakeng-lalakeeee ang arrive! :D

i have 70s hair!!! and i was watching jesus christ superstar the movie, circa 1973!

2:56 PM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

NELZ: Peek-chure naman diyan ng iyong Annie Batumbakal look! :-)

4:02 PM  
Blogger Nelson said...

i'm currently writing about hair and the hair of other people... :D

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home