Monday, August 01, 2005

Bench’ed

Sunday evening while driving home from having a haircut at Ipe’s, I was at C-5 approaching Market! Market! on my left when my eyes were diverted by this huge billboard on the right side of the road.


First, let me qualify: this wasn’t the billboard along C-5. It’s the same brand, same product, same talent, but different pose. He wasn’t looking down but instead is smiling for the camera. And what an angelic and boyish smile it was!

Okay, with that out of the way, let me describe to you my reaction. (Take note, I was alone in the car.)

* * * roll VTR * * *

McVie: (glancing at the billboard for the first time) …!

McVie’s car goes nearer the billboard.

McVie: oh my god.

Nearer and nearer. The car is traveling at a leisurely 80kph pace, but it never occurs to McVie to slow down. He’s just mesmerized by the oh-too-cute smile on the boy’s lips, and that tattoo!

McVie: Oh. My. God. Oh my God. OH MY GOD.

McVie goes past the billboard.

McVie: OH MY GOD! OH MY GAAAD! OH MY GAAAAAAAD! OHMYGAAAAAAAAAAAAAD! OHMYGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD! OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD! OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!

* * * end of tape * * *

I spent the next one-and-a-half minutes finding out new and different ways of saying the words, “oh my god.” The only reason why I had to stop was because of the stoplight and there were cars beside me.

(Now that I think about it, I could be wrong. The talent in the picture above may not be the one in the billboard. I must pass by C-5 again.)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At wala pa diyan yung nakabukaka sa may Guadalupe. Gads.

3:51 PM  
Blogger sky said...

I wonder what oh-my-God variant would you intone the moment you step into a Bench shop (they're everywhere!).

Try it in different languages as a suggestion.

4:56 PM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

SKY: Nah, feeling ko the effect is diminished in a Bench shop. Iba pa rin yung gigantic image in a billboard. It's like watching an action-sci-fi movie on the big screen versus seeing it on video.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Kaloy said...

it might not be the one along C-5, but that pic you posted is the one along South Expressway in Alabang :)

8:57 AM  
Blogger sky said...

Anyhow, I'm happy that you've finally found religion. Nyahaha.

11:45 AM  
Blogger . said...

I think he's also the same guy posted by Bench along Quirino and South SuperHway. Yun nga lang, mas talap talap siya jan.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Mckoi said...

hey!!! thats alvin alfonso and he is the same guy sa inserted pic on one of my blog posts...i've seen him in person while we were waiting in line sa entrance sa BED nun white party...he was like so drunk inom sya ng inom ng beer while on of his female companions was like whiping his mouth with tissue...i have to say he is so cute in person, nice tan...

1:44 PM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

FALLEN ANGEL: You should be so lucky!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Mckoi said...

nah! hindi kami natuloy sa BED kasi ang haba ng pila and ang tagal...i could have been guilty for RAPE, thank God! di natuloy LOL...

5:54 PM  
Blogger Mikey Sanchez said...

OMG..... I didn't know Bench is now delving into sizzlin hot ad campaigns....... coolness!

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home