Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Wheee! For Mini-Me

I am a happy McVie today.

Last night I got my iPod Mini. I’m calling him “Mini-Me”. At 4GB, I can stuff 1000 songs in Mini-Me. I have only 649 songs in my iTunes, totaling 2.44GB. I still have many more songs I want to stuff inside my Mini-Me.

I had a Singaporean friend buy it for me in the Lion City, saving me Php2,000. Still, Mini Me has put a major dent in my finances. I need to cut down on my expenses. Ah, kevur ko evur! Kerri ko ang starvation diet muna.

Tonight I’m rushing over to the nearby Tower Records to buy a car cassette adaptor, so Mini-Me can provide sounds inside Orlando. For the longest time the music inside my car has been analogue. Starting tonight it’ll be all digital.

So despite the rains, despite the lack of romance in my life, despite my dwindling finances—I am happy with my new Mini-Me. Thank god for little toys, thank god for small mercies.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's dress up mini-me! Lagyan natin ng wig at lipistik, bongga na sha!

6:24 PM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

PHILLIP: Sige! Tapos bihisan ko siya ng damit ni Barbie, hihihi.

6:38 PM  
Blogger PINKisthenewBLACK said...

Yay!

Congrats on your new I-Pod.

Sometimes you have to starve yourself a bit to get the best things in life.

In my opinion, that's normal. :)

Hoping to see that place called BED soon..

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what color did you get? mine's green! :)

1:24 AM  
Blogger Promdi said...

How much is it in SGP? Pre-July prices were something like 11,900 pesos (when converted). Mas mura ba ngayon?

8:40 AM  
Blogger sky said...

These are the times when I miss being single. Pero anong ginagawa ng credit card? Nyahahaha.

10:01 AM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

JAMES: See you soon too!

ANONYMOUS: Mini-Me's color is secret, just like your identity. Tell me who you are, and I'll tell you his color.

J: More or less the same, got mine at 11,515.00 (rounded off).

SKY: Well, I'm someone who refuses to get a credit card. Ewan ko ba, ayoko lang talaga yung concept ng utang. Weird ko.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uy uy gawan ng national costume si mini me...

2:06 PM  
Blogger Promdi said...

Huwag kalimutan mga kanta ni Dulce at Lola Barang na i-upload. :-)

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. an i-pod. kahit siguro yung cheapy-cheapy na mp3 player di ako bibili, mahal e. hehe :)

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at wag kalimutan ang minus-1 ng mga kanta sa Aawitan Kita Special para matuwa si Tita MIDZZZZZZZZ

10:32 PM  
Blogger BERNADETTE said...

*sings*
(kelangan i-include itu kay min-me)

usahay . . .

nagadamgo aku . . . .

2:03 AM  
Blogger Promdi said...

Essentials:

1. Usahay
2. Matud nila
3. Magkaisa (Virnalisa)
4. D'nako nadala (Dulce)
5. Ako ay Pilipino (ni Kuh)
6. Mr. Dreamboy (Sheryl)
7. Saranggola ni Pepe (Celeste)
8. Pamulinawen (Mabuhay Singers)
9. Pearly Shells (Nora)
10. Footloose (Pilita)

5:33 PM  
Blogger Michael Pimentel said...

hey mcvie... been seeing you around the blogosphere so i decided to add you to my blogroll...

i'll be back...

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home