Thursday, June 30, 2005

McViTunes

(Thanks to James for the idea.)

I listed down the artists that had at least three or more songs in my iTunes. I was surprised at the list I came up with. I was surprised there weren’t as many 80s acts as I thought. The “youngest” act is Coldplay, while the “oldest” would be the 60s group The Cascades and the mega-groups The Beach Boys, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones (I guess it was a requirement in the 60s to have “The” in your name).

The McViTunes List:

a-ha
ABBA
Alanis Morissette
The B-52’s
Backstreet Boys
The Beach Boys
The Beatles
Bee Gees
Blur
The Cascades
Chris Isaak
Coldplay
Collective Soul
The Cure
Depeche Mode
Don Henley
Duran Duran
Electric Light Orchestra
Enya
Erasure
Fatboy Slim
Fine Young Cannibals
Fleetwood Mac
Garbage
George Winston
Gypsy Kings
INXS
Janet Jackson
Jeff Lynne
k.d. lang
Kate Bush
Kylie Minogue
Madonna
Michael Jackson
New Order
No Doubt
Oasis
Olivia Newton-John
Paul Simon
Pet Shop Boys
Peter Gabriel
Phil Collins
The Police
R.E.M
The Rolling Stones
Sarah Brightman
Sinead O’Connor
Stevie Nicks
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Traveling Wilburys
U2
UB40
Usher
Whitney Houston

A total of 54 acts. I realize I still have many others. I just haven’t had time to burn them in my iTunes.

11 Comments:

Blogger Daimengrui said...

nice collection with the exception of Backstreet Boys youre musically in tune

11:23 PM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

REE: Ikaw naman, o. Dapat laging may sablay. Ayokong maging perfect, charing! ;-)

I just embraced my inner baduy, my inner Tiger Beat, hahaha!

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

huwaaaaaaatttt???? No Mariah Carey??

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys with ipod, do u really get to hear or need to hear all the songs in your list? i mean if there are over a thousand songs in your file, naku, ako nga with only less than a hundred stored in my PC i don't get to listen to all of them pa

7:59 AM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

XP: Mariah is part of the "many others". I like several of her hits; if I had burned them, she would have made it to the list.

JED: Siyempre you don't hear all of them in just one sitting. I currently have 445 songs in my iTunes, and I have it on in "shuffle" mode the whole day (it's in my office computer kasi) every day. So within the week I actually end up listening to all of them eventually.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, but for those with more than a thousand songs in their list, me thinks it's so insanely exag na. as in haggardly insane...
ako, i love music pero i don't listen to music the entire day i'm at work. pero depende din kasi what type of music you listen to. if you listen to hard core rock, naku madaling nakamamatay yan. bad vibes. kung maka-regine ka naman, hala, are you ready for your officemates to spill their coffee over your pants? my officemates hate regine, ewan ko ba, pasigaw na kasi kung kumanta sya e.

2:40 PM  
Blogger . said...

Marce, meron ka na bang mga club music ng BED?? Bigyan sana kita kapag na-update ko yung list ko ng songs next time na magmeet tayu.

3:24 PM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

JED: I have a friend who decided to place ALL of her CD collection (which is considerable, believe me!) into her iTunes that's in her PowerBook. She has uploaded a lot of it on her iPod. I guess she views her iTunes as her MP3 library of her CD collection.

JOM: YES, YES, YES! I WANT, I WANT, I WANT! :-)

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

would you want me to burn personal compilation albums of mariah for you? I have senti mariah, R and B mariah, love mariah and revivals mariah.

1:53 AM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

XP: No thanks. I only like some of her songs and I already have them.

8:01 PM  
Blogger PINKisthenewBLACK said...

Backstreet Boys? Why not?! They proved more than enough, they're back from the grave, ressurected I mean, mas maganda pakinggan.

I loved them since they conqured the music scene.

Currently listening to Mariah's old CDs, from Music Box to Rainbow. Wala akong CD ng "Glitter", di pumasa sa taste ko.

Number 1 pa rin ata sa Billboard charts ang "We Belong Together".

Again, what's with Bed. Masyado akong occupied to go out and socialize. I missed going out and socialize. Tell me everything about that place. You and Bernz made me curious about that place :)

Sounds exciting!

Ciao!

*hindi ko na pala naayos ang iTunes ko lately, pero andami kong mp3 collection uploaded from TorrentBox.

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home