Friday, July 01, 2005

Little Girlie Lost

There’s a restaurant along West Avenue, Quezon City which we really like. The food’s great, the price fairly reasonable. We like their laing, binagoongang lechon kawali and liempo ala bacon strips. But we also like going there because their second floor is haunted.

First time we found out from a waitress. We wanted to go to the second floor because the ground floor was already crowded, but she said the area was closed. We joked, “Ay sus, siguro may multo doon, ano!” and to our surprise she replied, “Yes.” Ngyek.

The most active one is the ghost of a little girl whom they call Girlie. They believe she’s the one in the old painting by the corner.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Girlie’s haunted corner

First time we went to that restaurant, there was a table in front of the picture and on it was a bowl of snacks and some eggs, like an offering. I suppose it was their way of appeasing Girlie. According to the staff Girlie isn’t really mischievous; she just shows herself to select customers.

The second time we were there we had Lotta with us. She confirmed she saw Girlie walking around the second floor; at one point she ran around one of our officemates, as if inviting him to play with her. Lotta did not engage Girlie in conversation. Still she sensed Girlie was a lost soul, unaware that she’s already dead.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Say hi to Girlie

When I went up to take pictures this afternoon, I was alone. I couldn’t get near her picture for a close-up; suddenly the air felt heavier and I got the heebie-geebies. I told myself, “I’m freaking myself out, it’s just my imagination,” but I skeedadled out of there after taking a shot of the corner. Later on two of my officemates offered to accompany me upstairs, so I was able to take a close-up of Girlie.

Nothing supernatural was captured on camera. Sorry, this isn’t the movie Shutter.

8 Comments:

Blogger iamwasted said...

saan ito? i leave very near west ave.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kinabahan ako nung binasa ko ang post na ito. 2AM kase nun. Hehe. Sabay patay ng computer at natulog na agad. Hehe.

6:09 PM  
Blogger BERNADETTE said...

(walang itung reli kay girlie, sumalangit nawa)

last night, napadaan ako sa malate (the party where I went hosted by this dinosaur is just in malate)

by the way, we kinda like almost bumped into each other.

you look oh-so-seryes in that blue shirt.

was it blue?

or color blind lang akez.

hehe.

8:42 PM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

JAY: Ayokong i-bulgar dito ang pangalan ng restaurant. I'll just email you the name.

PHILLIP: Dapat pala nag-post ako ng warning sa title: "Pinoy Ghost Story Itetch! Don't Read At Night."

BERNZ: Oh my gosh Abelgus! Shet, sana nag-introduce ka! Alam mo, marami na ang nagsabi sa akin na my default facial expression is sungit. I thank you for being kind enough to call it "serious", hahaha! Pero if you saw me while I was walking towards Bed, then I will admit I was deep in thought re. a personal issue that's been bothering me lately.

Shet, I really should just be thinking happy thoughts, hahaha!

10:13 AM  
Blogger PINKisthenewBLACK said...

katakot.

where the hell is bed?

curious*

12:31 AM  
Blogger BERNADETTE said...

sorry i have to answer this one.

(epaloids! hahaha)

james! anuburrrr?! where have you been hiding these past few years?!?!

choz!

bed is in malate, orosa cor nakpil. grabe. if you haven't been there, you've been missing all the fun! hahaha

cheers!

1:24 AM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

BERNZ, JAMES: Sister Bernz, wanna introduce Little Sister James to the scene that is Bed? We can be his oh-so-pretty tour guides, hahaha!

4:25 PM  
Blogger PINKisthenewBLACK said...

Ewan ko ba, di ako masyadong pumupunta sa malate lately. pag andun ako eh clean fun lang.. korny nga ako actually, masaya na ako sa jerry's tsaka sa ka-jologsan ng cowboy grill at makinig sa live band..

hayaan nyo at ako'y pupunta dun after my exams.. will explore that place soon..

thank you my oh-so-pretty-soon-to-be tour guides!

yay!

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home