Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The Heat Is On / I Believe

Never bring home a problem from work, or rather a problem that doesn’t have an immediate solution available, or whose possible solution will depend on the decision of others.

Because if you take that and add the stifling heat of our summer nights, you’ll have one restless, sleepless evening. I was wide awake until 3:30 in the morning, my body drenched in sweat and my mind racing at a hundred miles an hour. I was tossing and turning the problem all over in my head as I was tossing and turning all over my bed. Only when I decided, “Enough, I’m sleeping!” did I finally fall asleep.

Still I woke up abruptly at 6:30am, 30 minutes earlier than what I set in my alarm clock. Argh. So today I didn’t force myself to go to the gym. I’ll just conserve my energy.

* * * * *

Taken from Sky’s blog entry, the following is by Sassy Lawyer re. blogging:

What is “good” content? May universal standard ba yan? I don’t think there is. So whose definition of “good” content should we follow? Our definition or other people’s. Again, we go back to our personal motivations for blogging. Self-satisfaction or validation? If you’re blogging because you believe in yourself and the stuff you want to publish, set your own standards. If you blog to please others, well, that’s your funeral.

I believe that my self-satisfaction comes from the validation of my viewers. I believe that unlike network television or movie companies, I’m not targeting a broad audience. I believe I will just find my audience just as my audience will find me, whether by accident, by blog-hopping or by word-of-blog. I believe that my audience will be limited. I believe that my motive for putting up The McVie Show is simple: I want to entertain the select few who find me entertaining or interesting enough. I believe the children are our future; teach them well and let them lead the way. I believe in God the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth. I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows. I believe the flu and the heat have affected my brain somehow.

I believe I’ll stop now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Audio Buko said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Audio Buko said...

Hala me sakit ka pala, get well soon McVie :D

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

clap clap clap!

whooohooo!

*whistle*

clap clap clap!

is that enough validation for you?

xanderKhan!

ps. i luuuurve sassy lawyer's blog

pps. i luuurve yours too

1:41 PM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

Kervs: I'm better now, thanks.

XanderKhan!: Your applause is music to my ears! And your check is now in the mail.

Hihihih.

Wanna be the next guest for The McVie Show? Email me.

Wink, wink.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home