Friday, September 02, 2005

Signs

While driving to work yesterday morning, I saw the message on the mudguard of the truck in front of me: Walang matinong kumpare sa alembong na kumare. On my way to rehearsals later in the afternoon, I spotted this new photocopying shop in UP Village: Pakopya Ni Edgar.

Ah, the Pinoy humor! I remember back when I was still working in an advertising agency, two of our female officemates decided to put up a tailoring business, and they asked us copywriters to come up with name studies for their shop. My favorite was I Sew Design because it came with a built-in jingle, thanks to Ace Of Base.

Times like these we need all the laughter and joy we can get.

6 Comments:

Blogger sky said...

Sa isang dingding somewhere in Bulacan:

Bawal umihi dito.
Putol t*t*
Warak k*k*

1:18 PM  
Blogger iamwasted said...

water refilling station somewhere in Cavite: Harry Water

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A restauranbt goes by the name "PekPek Carenderia" and the menu? HIMAS PEKPEK - Hipon Malasado, Kropek, Pinekpek'n

.....

10:41 AM  
Blogger fried-neurons said...

Hahaha. I miss those funny signs. True-blue Pinoy-isms. Been trying to think of specific examples that I remember, pero wala akong maalala kundi itong sign sa mga jeep: "God knows Judas not pay".

1:45 AM  
Blogger olive said...

think you guys might enjoy this book called "ngalang pinoy" it's a collection of humorous names and signs in the philippines. it's published by tahanan pacific books. it's around Php 275 not a bad deal. :)) hehehe...sorry for the plugging, joel.

1:12 AM  
Blogger Nelson said...

hmmm i was part of that book! i should ask tahanan to send me a copy he he

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home