Tuesday, August 23, 2005

What’s Up, McVie?

I received an email and a text message today from two regular viewers of The McVie Show, asking how I was. It seems my silence on-line had the two worried.

Actually I’m fine. In fact, I’m having a great time with the play. For the past couple of weeks our rehearsals have been daily, MWF at 5:30-8:30pm, TTH at 7:30-10:30pm. We have an alternate cast, so we need the daily rehearsals to make sure that both casts will be ready by opening night on Sept. 8. I’m still a bit worried about my memory when it comes to my lines and my cues. But the more I get a grip on my character, the more I find the rehearsals exciting and exhilarating.

Now my weekday schedule looks like this: workout in the morning, work until late afternoon, rehearse the play at night, bond with the student cast and crew during after-rehearsal dinners, then drive back to the office to preview plugs and finish pending work. Yes, I’ve been super-busy but I’ve never felt happier. Perhaps I’m just so busy, there’s no time to worry about insignificant stuff like the lack of a love life. My life is more focused, priorities are much clearer.

It’s amazing how a person can achieve a certain sense of contentment and happiness if he keeps himself busy and productive.

* * * * *

Thanks to Quezon City Day last Friday, I had a long weekend. Though we had rehearsals Friday afternoon, I had visions of going out of town or catching up with the movies I haven’t watched yet. Unfortunately Fate didn’t want me to go out of town.

Friday afternoon a huge boulder hit Orlando’s underbelly, causing oil to leak and damaging a pipe. That scratched my Friday evening plan of going to Bed. Saturday morning I brought Orlando to the shop for repairs. I took public transportation to meet Phillip in Libis so we can watch Ang Pagdadalaga ni Maximo Oliveros at UP Film Center in the afternoon. Good thing the mechanic finished the repairs by 5pm—but it set me back by 6,000+ pesos! Argh! So instead of going to Bed Saturday evening, I decided to save money and just stay home. But Sunday afternoon I got antsy so I watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in Blue Wave Mall.

Still, it was a relaxing change of pace, staying home instead of going out.

* * * * *

Going back to the play, I’m inviting you guys to watch Tanghalang Ateneo’s production of BAYAN-BAYANAN Pinoy sa Diaspora at the Rizal Mini-Theater, Ateneo de Manila College of Arts and Sciences.

Production Design by Salvador Bernal (National Artist for Theater Design)
Lights Design by Donato Karingal
Direction by Ronan Capinding.

Playdates:
September 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 21, 22, 23, 24 | 7 pm
September 10, 17, 24 | 2 pm

There are two casts, but I’m sure you’d want to watch me perform instead of my alternate, right? So far the assignments have not been determined yet, so just wait for my update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home