Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Feeling Elvis, Only Alive

Last night after rehearsals, we had dinner at McDonald’s Katipunan. While I was talking to a fellow cast member outside, I heard someone ask, “Are you McVie the blogger?” He was in shorts and a cap, and was holding a drink. He looked like a typical student or dormer living near the school campus. He shook my hand and said he reads my blog.

Oh my! Because this is just my second time to be identified in public as McVie the blogger (the first one was in Bed with Jom), I was too taken aback that I forgot my manners; I failed to ask for his name or to introduce him to my companion. But I told him, “Go comment in my blog. I like audience participation.” And I’m glad he did.

Memo to me: I should start practicing my showbiz smile, shake and wave. Mwhahahaha!

7 Comments:

Blogger slim whale said...

wow, a famous blogger! if i see you in person, i'll ask you to sign my shirt or something.

what play are you rehearsing, if you don't mind my asking...

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sensya na at biglaan ang pagkakita ko sayo. Hindi ko tuloy naisuot yung "McVie Fan forever" na t-shirt ko at napapirma ka ng "autograph" dun sa mga pictures mo na nabili ko sa Quiapo(parang yung kanila Manilyn Reynes nung 80's).....Thanks for commenting on my Blog.....Name ko nga pala is Monsi. Don't worry magtatayo ako ng fans club mo.....Tatalunin natin yun "Lotlot and Friends!"

10:21 PM  
Blogger BERNADETTE said...

ibang level ka na . . . .

nakita kita sa TV . . .

tapos ngayon . . . hayan na . . mega-approach na ang mga fans . . .

iba na ang ateh ko . . .

wehehehe

12:09 AM  
Blogger fried-neurons said...

Sikat!

Magandang morning, friendly McVie!

Puede bang tumabi?

2:20 AM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

DEAR ADORING, FAWNING FANS:

[1] Slim Whale, I'm currently rehearsing "Bayan-Bayanan" by Bienvenido Noriega, Jr. Manood kayo, ha? Will post later the details re. performance schedules.

[2] Monsi, wag kang bibili ng t-shirt at pictures sa Quiapo, mga fake at pirated yun. Buy only offical The McVie Show merchandise (like notebooks, stickers and pamaypay) from reputable establishments, such as Miriam-Webster Bookstores and Burger Machine stalls.

[3] Bernz, time to show your fez in your blog, hehehe. Then again, you could always go the Greta Garbo route.

[4] Fried-Neurons: Surely, go ahead! Sit Beside Me. That's actually the name of a taxi here in Metro Manila. Sit Beside Me. Meron ding God Provides at meron ding Answered Prayers. But I digress. Sige, tumabi ka. Kaya lang sagot mo airfare mo, ha? ;-)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Nelson said...

masanay ka na! last year, a couple of girls emailed me saying they recognized me when i was havinglunch at the back of the U.P. main library, and they were too shy to approach me, being avid readers of my journal. medyo na-freak out ako dun...

pero bakit girls???

2:24 AM  
Blogger . said...

Akala ko ako lang ang may lines na ganyan ah!

Sorry for answering your questions late.. Yeah, for a moment, if I lost my control, I would have jumped in bed with him. :)

If ever we get to meet. I'll tell you something that I didn't mention in my blog about my last meet up.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home