Friday, September 30, 2005

Of Commercials and Numbers

Last night we watched the last full show of The Constant Gardener at Greenbelt. Before the trailers they showed the commercial of Sentricon, the anti-termite company. The print was obviously years old, for there were major scratches on the film; the soundtrack was scratchy as well. “Get their home before they get yours!” admonished the voice over of the commercial. Seeing that commercial I was reminded of the La Germania gas range commercials they showed for the longest time in moviehouses years ago. Specifically I remembered the one featuring an Italian chef. I’ve seen it so many times through the years that I’ve memorized the monologue:

As a chef I wear two hats, one at work where I deal with gourmets, and one at mi casa mia where I cook for my loved ones. In both places I have to do my best. (Then his son comes in and says, “Papa!” wherein he replies: “Si, I know.”) In both places I use La Germania. Because in both places, I have to be the best. And for you, Mama Mia, the best! (His wife teases him, “Salvatore!”) With my La Germania, no problema!

Gosh! Another advertiser who had their commercials shown in moviehouses for the longest time was Technogas, another gas range brand. A runner-up is McJim leather products.

* * * * *

On my way home after the movie I glanced at my speedometer and I noticed the total number of kilometers traveled so far by Orlando:
That’s 66,666 kms in 5 years. I thought, “Wow, I need to take a picture of this!” So I parked on the side of the road, whipped out my phonecam and took a shot. Then I noticed the time:
Double wow!

5 Comments:

Blogger Audio Buko said...

Twilight Zone episode just in time for the holloween season :)

10:52 PM  
Blogger iamwasted said...

Haha.. naalala ko din yang La Germania na yan..

9:44 AM  
Blogger sky said...

Seiko wallet pa kaya.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

38 more minutes lalabas na si Emily Rose! Hehe

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to find that La Germania commercial on youtube or anywhere on the web for the longest, since I was that little young boy on that commercial who said: Papa!

I actually said: Papa, may I have some spaghetti, but obviously they cut the rest out.

If anyone finds it please email me @ JermysNYC@gmail.com

Thanks~!

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home