Thursday, June 02, 2005

Turning Pink With Excitement

I like watching Chinese movies on cable whether they are subtitled or not. I like looking at cute Chinese guys. I also want to see the director’s storytelling skills; if I can follow the story without relying on the dialogue, then the director is good at visual storytelling. Okay, okay, okay, I just really like looking at cute Chinese guys.

A few months ago I saw this obviously recent gay Taiwanese movie (the hairstyles are of the F4-flipped kind, and the setting is clearly present-day) that featured drop-and-lock-jaw cute Chinese guys in a romantic, Sweet Dreams-type of story. And there were almost no females in sight in that movie! Since I wasn’t able to catch the movie from the start, I had to stay until the end credits to find out the title of the movie. Thank god the credits were in Chinese and English.

Today I saw in the papers that the Pink Film Festival 2005 will feature that particular Taiwanese film. On Saturday, June 4, I will be lining up hours in advance at Gateway to get a ticket for the 6:30pm screening of Formula 17. Yes it’s as glossy and light as a Viva Film romance, but what the heck. I’m there to gape at cute Chinese guys, with or without subtitles.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

9 Comments:

Blogger . said...

May Sex Scene kaya yan? Balak kong manghigit ng mga bading para panoorin yan sa Pink Fest this year eh.

9:47 PM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

Meron pero like most glossy, pretty-to-look-at teen romances, they don't go down-and-dirty. It's all glossy, tastefully done, mostly off-screen (unless they do some editing for cable--chinese cable channel kasi yun). I doubt if you see genitalia. BUT the boyz are eye candy enough. :-)

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that I condone it (looting stuff from the 'net), but you can find films like Formula 17 easily through BitTorrent, and website like gaytorrents.org. Then after downloading the movie, you can easily burn it to DVD.

9:32 AM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

Oh darn. Tried to download but our server blocked it. F**king server.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Daimengrui said...

wow nice post =)

11:16 PM  
Blogger Mulch said...

join din akez jan sa gateway . . . unya-unya . . .

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess if you have dsl at home, you can install bittorrent there, besides which, you can then download all the movies you want while you're at work....

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hanep! Nagiging forum ng illegal internet activities ang blog mo Kuya McVie! hehehehe... Ma try nga yang BitTorrent. Hihihihihi. Teka, how was the movie??? Gusto ko rin sana manood kaso... I dunno the way to Gateway from Alabang. Hehehe. Kawawang bata. hehe.

1:59 PM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

DEMENTIA: Well, how did you find the movie?

MLQ3: Haaaaaaay naku. It'll take 48 years before my mom will be convinced to switch to DSL. Actually, I don't know why I have to get her permission when technically we can over-ride her objections. Then again, she's our mom.

PHILLIP: You should have asked me earlier. Madali lang ang directions going to Cubao. But you need more detailed instructions re parking.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home