Monday, June 13, 2005

Random Thoughts

I attended the fashion show in Greenbelt 4 (by the Ayala Museum) staged in connection with the visit of Thom Filicia and Kyan Douglas of Queer Eye For The Straight Guy. Pakshet, nakanampoootah! Ang guwapo ni Kyan! And with the absence of Carson Kressley, Thom played cute and funny. He kept thanking their road manager without whom, “we’d still be at the airport in LA asking people, ‘Excuse me, do you know how to get to Manila?’”

The fashion show was ho-hum (well, I’m not really a fan of fashion) and the make-over Kyan did to three Pinoys (two girls and a guy) wasn’t that impressive either (because the make-over was just on their looks; in the show, it’s an over-all overhaul). But seeing them up-close (Thom is taller and bulkier than Kyan, unlike on TV) was a treat.

* * * * *

Last Saturday evening while waiting for Edsel to arrive in Malate, I holed up in Komiks Bar beside Bed, nursing a vodka tonic (egads! I had three glasses of vodka tonic last night; no wonder I was tipsy while dancing). I watched the people outside lining up to go inside Bed. I remembered one Thursday evening when we were in Bed and there were so many not so well-dressed young boys in the crowd, Edsel overheard a guy crack this bitchy remark: “Naku, mukhang may field trip ang mga estudyante ng Mababang Paaralan ng Payatas dito sa Bed!”

When Edsel arrived, he sat down beside me, looked outside at the crowd, and asked, “Well? Mukha bang may field trip na naman ang mga estudyante ng Mababang Paaralan ng Payatas?”

I smiled. “Naku, hindi naman. Mas matanda’t mas maayos ng konte tingnan ang mga nandiyan ngayon. Mare, alumni homecoming ito ng Mababang Paaralan ng Payatas! Nagtatrabaho na kasi sila, kaya can-afford ng konte.”

And we both laughed.

* * * * *

I just bought me a pair of Folded & Hung’s Illegally Low Jeans. Pakshet. That pair really insists that the wearer must have zero love handles. Arrrgh. Now I must do more cardio workout and be stricter with what I eat. Hay naku, the price of vanity. In fairness, the Illegally Low Jeans print ad copy is true—“Twelve o’clock position not advisable” or something like that. But aye, here’s the rub—you know how sometimes a pair of pants or underwear just fits you so snugly, the feel on your skin and the “hug” is so sensual that you get a hard-on? That’s what happened when I put that pair of pants on for the first time. I had to wait ‘til McJunior settled down before I went out of my room.

* * * * *

To lift the Philippines from the rut we’re in, I propose that the government prioritize on saving the movie industry first. The goal is “no idle actor or actress.” That way, they’ll be too busy to move on to the other field of entertainment—politics.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm can't wait for Mahal and Mura running for office. Better yet the Troika of Madam Auring, Tita Swarding and Mystica....

1:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'wag po! :(

1:32 PM  
Blogger fried-neurons said...

eeeek! you've seen Thom Filicia in person? i'm soo jealous! i'm so in lustlove with him, it's not even funny. lol. inggit!

10:31 AM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

Fried-neurons: Naku, had you asked me earlier, I would have kissed him for you (and Kyan too, hahaha!)

1:24 PM  
Blogger fried-neurons said...

Hahaha. Iyo na si Kyan. Feeling ko sa kanya self-important and palaging nagmamaganda. :)

4:06 PM  
Blogger . said...

Nabasa mo ba yung blog ni Mader Bernz? If my comprehension was correct, he was also in that fashion show too. Grabe! Small world talaga.

I dont know if youve been hanging out in Malate two years ago. Mas grabe ang mga bata nung time na yun. As in talagang may fieldtrip ng mga pupils galing sa Mababang Paaralan ng Happy Land, Tondo Manila.

8:12 PM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

Imogen: Ay hindi sis, wala sa fashion show si Bernz. Sabi nga niya, "...sobrang busy witteles ko man lang na-sight ang eksena ni Kyan and Thom...." At hindi rin siya nakapag-Bed that night too. :-)

Sayang. Malay mo, kung ma-sight namin ang isa't-isa, may lukso ng pink na dugo na mangyayari, hahaha.

12:12 AM  
Blogger . said...

Ay sori, wrong comprehension. Hehehe. badtrip nga eh. Nung soft opening ng BED, rampa na ako dun, tapos kahit kelan di pa ako nakakaattend ng anniv ng bar na yun. Laging nagkakataon na lumalagpak siya sa season kung kelan di ako nagpapakita sa malars.

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home