Thursday, November 10, 2005

Chedeng!

I attended a wedding last Sunday and what caught my attention for most of the mass? It’s this beauty parked just outside the church.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It’s my inner butch again. It manifests in my fascination with vehicles (I love cars, boats, airplanes and spaceships), hardware supplies (I find browsing through hardware stores strangely relaxing) and weapons (I like playing with swords and guns, but only for make-believe; I’d hate to own the real things).

When my gay friend saw I was taking lots of pictures of the car, he asked me why I was interested in it. I explained to him my inner butch. He looked momentarily puzzled then said, “You know, I don’t think I have an inner butch.”

“Are you fascinated with cars?” I asked.

“No.”

“Airplanes? Boats? Other kinds of transportation? Spaceships?”

“No, no, no, no.”

“I actually like going to the hardware store.”

“Ugh.”

“How about sports? Do you play any?”

“Just volleyball.”

“Jeez, that’s the default gay sport, along with bowling.”

He sighed. “See? I really don’t have an inner butch.”

“But you look more like a butch than I do,” I told him. True enough he’s bigger and bulkier than me. Plus his semi-kal hairdo and rough facial hair make him look like a goon.

Surprise! The goon is a faggot. Goes to show how looks can be deceiving.

9 Comments:

Blogger sky said...

So what would you call my affectation for cooking and gardening?

8:36 AM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

SKY: How about calling it, "an appreciation for the finer things in life"? Or how about, "your inner Martha Stewart"? ;-)

By the way, there are more male chefs than female chefs. Wala lang.

11:47 AM  
Blogger fried-neurons said...

My inner butch:

I am a warplane freak.

I also like going to the hardware store.

Cars I like, but more for their looks, their gadgets, and how fun they are to drive. Absolutely no interest in learning how the engines work, much less how to tinker with them.

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ang ganda ng Chedeng!

12:06 AM  
Blogger . said...

The car is a headturner. Anyway, yaan ba yung church sa may Baclaran?

1:07 PM  
Blogger . said...

Follow Up:

Inner Butch In Me:

Cars
Computers
Science Fiction
Discovery Channel/History/National Geographic
Jack TV
PC Strategy Games
Space Ships
Alternative/Light Alternative Music

1:10 PM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

TRIPPY: The church is in the reclamation area near Baclaran.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Daimengrui said...

could you remember the pink limo used in a brit sci-fi flick? i recalled it as soon as i saw the images of the vehicle in your post

11:04 PM  
Blogger joelmcvie said...

"pink limo in a brit sci-fi flick"?

Hmmm, no flick nor limo comes to mind. It can't be "The Avengers" because I don't think the car there is a limo.

Viewers, let's help Ree out!

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home