Sunday, May 01, 2005

Party People In The House!

11:30pm, Saturday: I was watching this Korean movie in Arirang Channel. It's a tale about a boy monk. No wait, excuse me: it's a very quiet, slow, meandering tale about a boy monk who catches rabbits, misses his mom, and almost got adopted. Watching the movie was like going on an hour of meditation. I had to get out of the house.

Went to Bed; place was packed as usual. Got my usual vodka tonic. Then later on another vodka tonic. But the place was so packed I had a hard time trying to keep my drink from spilling. So my third drink was vodka in a bottle. Ah, vodka! Thank god for the Russians.

Because many people were still coming in after the Circuit Asia party, the whole place was still packed and still gyrating to the beat at 5:30am! When I stepped out there was light already; people were having breakfast. I walked away from Bed, the heavy thump-thumping of the bass from inside fading off, to be replaced by the sounds of a typical Sunday morning: roosters crowing, the ting-a-ling of the taho vendor, jeepneys roaring to life.

Stopped by the 24-hour Burger King along Marcos Highway. I ordered a double Whopper meal for breakfast. Mmmmmm!!! I'm beginning to really, really like the Whopper.

When I got home, my mom had already left for the 6am Mass. But she left me a note: my younger brother was inviting us to go on a day-trip to Tagaytay that day. Oh no. I had to pass; I needed to pass out quickly.

The moment my head hit the pillow I was out like a light.

Wednesday evening I was in Government until 3am. Thursday evening I was in Bed until 2am. Friday I stayed home. Saturday I went out again. Is this the proper lifestyle for a 39-year old? My body clock has adjusted to the abuse; now I don't get sleepy until after 2am. Aaargh.

I need to ease off a bit on all this partying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home