Thursday, July 14, 2005

Memorize To The Occasion

I’ve started memorizing my lines. My character has some of the longest lines in the play. I’m worried about being ready to drop script* by Monday. I don’t know if I can do it. But heck, I should think positive, think of it as a challenge—I’ve done this before, I can do it again.

I feel scared yet excited, like I’m about to bungee-jump. I always feel like this when I’m in a play. Can I memorize in time? Will I be able to “get” my character? Can I pull of each and every performance? After decades of stepping in front of an audience, I still get butterflies in my stomach. That’s good.

Once in a while we should always do something that terrifies us.

* * * * *

*drop script – means that you’ve memorized your lines and can rehearse without the script in your hands

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Pimentel said...

Hey break a leg...

4:35 AM  
Blogger ex-complicated dude said...

good luck on this one... im pretty sure u will RISE to the occasion. :)

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home